Are you looking for ways to use up all that cabbage you bought? Cabbage is a great choice when you’re only shopping once every two weeks because it stays fresh in your fridge for that long. Check out this leftover-friendly recipe to add to your list of go-to meal options:
1 cup cabbage, shredded
1 pound ground turkey
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1 cup white rice, uncooked
2 cups tomato sauce
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon ground oregano
- Place shredded cabbage in a lightly greased 2-quart casserole dish.
- In skillet, cook turkey until browned and no longer pink in color. Add chopped onions; stir occasionally and cook 3 minutes. Add uncooked rice to cooked turkey.
- Place turkey-rice mixture over cabbage in casserole dish.
- Combine tomato sauce, garlic, and oregano. Pour over cooked turkey.
- Cover and bake at 350ºF, about 1 hour.
8 Servings, about 1 cup each
Calories – 190
Total fat – 5.5 grams
Saturated fat – 1.5 grams
Sodium 415 mg