Celebrate the beginning of Spring (finally!) with this low calorie, veggie-rich recipe, which also (literally) reminds us that it’s officially Spring in a few days. Enjoy!
- 1 cup carrots, cut into long, thin strips
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 2 cups cucumber, seeded and cut into long, thin strips
- 1 cup minced scallions/green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 8 rice paper wrappers
Toss first 7 ingredients in a large bowl. Soak one rice paper wrapper in warm water until soft (1 to 2 minutes). Shake off excess water. Place vegetable filling off-center on rice paper and fold like an egg roll (tuck sides to keep filling inside). Repeat with remaining vegetable filling and wrappers. Serve immediately.
Makes 8 servings. Per serving (1 roll): 70 calories, 1 g fat, 28 mg sodium, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein, 16 g carbohydrates
Source: National Institutes of Health