Beans and pumpkin serve up super amounts of vitamins, minerals, fiber and plant-based protein. Here’s an easy recipe for Pumpkin and White Bean Soup that can be made super-fast in just 30 minutes:
- 1 14-ounce can white beans, drained
- 1 small onion, finally chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon olive or canola oil
- 1 14-ounce can pumpkin puree
- 1 ½ cups 100% apple juice
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg, ground ginger or allspice (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Mash white beans, onion and water with a fork or blender until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large pot, add the pumpkin, oil, apple juice, cinnamon, black pepper and salt. If using an optional spice, add that too.
- Add and stir the bean mix into the pot.
- Cook over low heat for 15-20 minutes until warmed through.
Source: What’s Cooking? USDA Mixing Bowl