For many of us, today is the first day of the annual 6-week holiday season. This is also the time of year when people struggle with their weight. With Thanksgiving right around the corner, it may be a good time to re-think your weight loss goals. Instead of thinking about losing weight, re-focus your efforts on maintaining, not gaining, weight throughout the holidays, starting with these tips:
- Drink more water before you eat to feel fuller and eat less.
- Replace sugary drinks with lemon or fruit-flavored sparkling water.
- Do some exercise every day to help burn the extra calories you may be eating.
- Eat more vegetable and fruit, especially for snacks.
- Get enough sleep to help avoid extra cravings for unhealthy foods.