Here’s wishing you and your family a fun and safe Halloween! Keep these tips in mind for safe trick-or-treating:
- Choose white or bright costumes marked with reflective tape. The costume should be short enough, so your child won’t trip.
- Instead of masks which can make it difficult to see, apply makeup to your kids’ faces.
- Avoid trick-or-treating at homes on dark streets or in unfamiliar neighborhoods.
- Check all treats before your children eats them. Discard candy or other treats that aren’t commercially wrapped or look as though they’ve been tampered with.
- Keep carved, candlelit pumpkins out of reach of young children and set them on a nonflammable surface.