This simple recipe for Turkey Meatloaf fits the bill if you’re wanting to reduce calories, fat and salt. Plus, there’s an extra dose of nutrients from whole-grain oats. Enjoy!
- 1 pound lean, ground turkey
- 1/2 cup oats, regular, dry
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup diced onion, or 1 tablespoon dehydrated onion
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1. Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- 2. Bake in a loaf pan at 350ºF for 25-30 minutes or to an internal temperature of 165º F.
- 3. Cut into slices and serve.
Nutritional information: Serves 5. Per serving: 196 calories, 7 g total fat, 2 g saturated fat, 217 mg sodium.